Dry seed Plant
The dry seed process that ends with the final product ready to be delivered to our client is done in our dry seed plant.
The process begins in the pre-clean area, in which we have 4 cleaning lines. This is a continuum flow process that includes low impact elevators type “z”, screening machines and ends on the gravity tables that eliminate contaminate agents.
Then, when it’s necessary, the seed goes to the clean seed area where we have 2 SATAKE separators by color of 80 channels to finalize the treatment
We have a team dedicated to process control present in every step, making sure the seeds fulfill all of our client’s and the relevant authority’s requirements.
- Beans: 70.000 kg/day
- Soy: 300.000 kg/day
- Sunflower: 60.000 kg/day
- Canola: 240.000 kg/day
Our corn process begins with the unloading of corncobs for their later cleaning. Once the corn is free of husk it proceeds to the drying system and shelling. Once it has the lab’s approval the finished product is packed. Our corn plant has OPTEK technology to regulate temperature and humidity of the seed and its drying system is simple pass reversible.
- Process capacity: 1000 ha/season
- Unloading and dying capacity: 350 ton/season
- Process capacity: 60 ha/day
- Green matter processed: 12.000 ha por day
- Process capacity:1000 Ha/season
- Unloading and drying capacity: 250 ton/día
- Process capacity: 40 Ha/día
- Green matter capacity: 8.000 kgs/Ha por día
In order to deliver a service of excellence and the best products to its customers, Curimapu has a highly equiped lab and a team of technicians highly qualified on Quality Assurance, in charge of performing analyses to the seeds we commercialize.
Our lab is authorized by sag since 2013 to perform germination analyses in several species destined to the national market.
Other analysis that our lab performs are:
- Germination tests: determines the capability of a grain as a seed and its capacity to generate a plant.
- Physical purity tests: determines what percentage of the sample is made out of pure seed, other seeds and inert matter.
- Cold tests: Measures the capacity of the seed to germinate under low temperatures and adverse conditions.
- Humidity content: Knowing the humidity content allows to determine the germination capacity that the seeds will have while being storage.
- One thousand seeds weight: Weight in grams of one thousand seeds.
Curimapu has a Homefarm in its premises of nearly 40 hectarea consisting of grow-outs, outdoor crops and greenhouses.
Species are grown according to the specifications of the client, of seeds such as: cabbage, Brussel sprouts, leek seed, carrot, broccoli, turnip and Chinese kale. And outdoors we have beans, corn, seedflowers and watermelon grow outs. In addition to this, broccoli hybrids are created through hand pollination.
Our homefarm has permanent and seasonal workers that fulfill all protocols in the phytosanitary handling that guarantees a high quality product and the protection against insects and fungus that can damage the crops.
Like in all Curimapu processes, the customization of our service for each client is very important, making sure the final product fulfills all of the client’s requirements.